Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Spring Fever

Well.. today is ONLY January 23 - and I have Spring fever so bad it's making me sick. BBAAHHH It was a rather cold day today which the girls and I spent indoors for the most part. Our day started off with taking Emma to school, which I surely would have rather stayed home. I crawled out of bed anyways, peeked out the window only to see snow covered grounds. Trust me, it didn't look very inviting. After bringing Emma home from school we stayed indoors for the rest of the day. All I could do was look out the window and stare at the snow covering the ground where my herb garden will be and invisioning the big healthy herbs in the nice warm summer sunlight... which was rather hard to do .. but some way, some how - I managed. One of the herbs I would like to grow is the Pineapple Sage. I am not quite sure what I would use this particular herb for, but I mainly want it to attract more hummingbirds. Of course my dear hubby would say "what do you need more hummingbirds for? You already attract enough." But in my eyes.. I can never attract enough. :) Someone on ebay had the seeds at a very fair price and I "put off" buying them, only to be kicking myself now, because they ran out. *sigh Now, I am having trouble locating more seeds; at a reasonable price that is.

Sometime next month I will start growing my seeds insoors. Until then, I will keep taking Emma to school, babysitting and endulging myself in bird/gardening books/magazines. :) AND watching the birds that are currently visiting my feeders, which are the American Gold Finch, Black Caped Chickadee, Dark Eyed Junco, White Breasted Nuthatch, Downy Woodpecker, Blue Jay, Northern Cardinals, Carolina Wren, House Finches and a few others. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is thatall the birds coming to your feeder? That's nothing! hehe. I'm j/k! That raccoon is back and he's driving me bonkers! The birds are suffering because of it and so am I! We have got to figure something out quick!

Baumgartner News said...

HAHA! Yes - there is a few more that I can't think of right now.. hehe BUT wait til Spring! When my Baltimore Oreols, Indigo Buntings, Scarlet Tanager, Black and White Warbler, Purple Martins and MUCH more come back! and HOPEFULLY, PRAYFULLY Bluebirds! :) I envy you SO for having all those Bluebirds! :P