Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FINALLY - some good results


Wow - I took Sharon's suggestion on letting my "bread machine do the work" and it worked like a charm! My bread actually didn't go flat! It always tasted good, just didn't look as good. *grin But now I can have both! :) Always feels more rewarding when something looks as good as it taste. I added a cup of soft wheat as I ran out of the hard wheat - and didn't want to add white flour. My hard wheat is in a bucket out in my sunroom, and I would have had to wait til tomorrow to bring it down to room temperture. It's FREEZING out there. bbrrrrr I am not sure if the "soft" wheat had anything to do with it not going flat or not. I will have to wait and see the next time, which just may be in a couple of days. My girls eat this wheat bread like there is no tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Doina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doina said...

yummm...that looks delicious! Doesn't it feel great to know that you are feeding your family the best, most nutritious bread you could possibly eat? I also wanna try your soap out one day!

Baumgartner News said...

Yes - it sure does! :) I love to just sit and watch them eat it.. knowing how good it is for them. The girls favorite is the wheat bread toasted with raspberry jam. They would have it for every meal if I let them.

Next time I come to Mobile, I will have to bring you some soap to try. I brought a bunch down for Thanksgiving, but everyone grabbed some.. and before I knew it I didn't have any left for you & Lavi.