Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The joys of traveling

Two days ago I said I will "blog more later" and I never got back. *sigh* I have been very busy. 2 more days and Jonathan, the girls and I are leaving for our trip! I have been cleaning house like mad, determined to come home to a clean house.

This evening, after Jonathan came home from work we rushed right back out the door - for the 1 hour drive to the "Country Variety Store". This is where I get my whole wheat berries and a bunch of other GREAT stuff from! :) They have the best Amish cheese and candy! Anyways - the weather was nasty and we weren't sure we were going to make it, but thankfully we did and I puchased my 200+ lbs. of wheat and a "bunch of other stuff"! No, No - the wheat wasn't all for me. It's for 2 of my sisters and my dear mother. :)

On our way home from the Country Store - all of a sudden I was having second thoughts about the long drive ahead of us. I am busy "helping" Jonathan drive, when I can't help but tune into Emma and Abbi's "argument" :

Emma: no! mine!

Abbi: NO! MINE!

Emma: no! mine!

Abbi: NO! MINE!

Emma: no! mine!

Mommy: *thinking... "oh Lord - what are they arguing about now??"

Abbi: NOO! MY BUUTS! (boots)

Then it hit me... Emma took her rain boots off and set them in the middle between herself and Abbi, and Abbi was quick to claim them; or atleast try to. :)

*sigh* Tis the joy of traveling.

I wonder what they will find to argue about the whole way down South?!?

Well - it is 10:45 so I better get me some sleep. Another long day ahead tomorrow. I have so much more to write, but it will have to wait for another day. :) Emma and Abbi are doing too many cute things these days. I can't keep up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment eh? hehe

Baumgartner News said...

Haha - no kidding! Once I realized what they were arguing about I said "abbi.. those are Emma's boots". She goes... "noo.. my buuts" - I said... "noo.. they are Emma's" .. she goes... "oh - awight" - haha.. it was so cute. She just KNOWS how to get under Emma's skin; and visa versa!

Isaac'swife said...

freaky - you were just near where I live..........oh btw you might remember me from chat becalive from australia.
anyhow prehaps one day if you are in the "area" again getting supplies u can visit. :D

Baumgartner News said...

becalive.. where do you live now?