Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend Happenings

Abbi too, started running a fever this weekend. She picked up what Emma had. However, Abbi's wasn't as bad as Emma's was. The day Emma started running her fever, I started Abbi on the GOOT as well. Of course, she wouldn't of had it any other way. Everytime I took the GOOT out to rub on Emma's feet Abbi would say "How 'bout me mommmy?? how 'bout me??!?!" :) (She's so cute) Her fever ran from 100 to 100.5 - I just kept on rubbing the GOOT and after 24 hours her fever went away. Praise God for that!

As far as her pottying goes, I couldn't be more proud of Abbi. She has been doing s0 well. When she came down sick, and she started to lay around I thought I would have to put a diaper on her; no need. She didn't skip a beat. She still has a little accident here and there, (more laziness than anything) except for today - she was accident free! AND when she awoke from her nap, she had to spend an extra 20 minutes in her bed, as I was in the process of making soap and could not interupt the stirring. After getting her out of bed, I set her on the potty thinking surely she already went. Her diaper was dry and she went alot of "tee tee" which tells me she is a pro at holding it when she wants to! :) Like I said.. I couldn't be more proud of my baby girl! She too is so proud of herself. Saturday morning I observed her holding her puppy over her potty and saying "look puppy - I went potty!" When Aunt Brenda stopped by for a visit this evening, she was sure to tell her that she went potty as well!

So that was my weekend - taking care of my babies. They are both doing great - both fever free today! Praise the Lord for His goodness!

I also got to make another batch of soap on Saturday. It's a "energy blend" EO (sweet orange and ginger) with oatmeal for great exfoliating. I thought this would make a great Summer soap bar. Today, I made a batch of soap for my sister's twin babies. I can't wait until it cures and she can use it. :) I used a "sweet orange" EO for this batch. Smells good enough to eat!

Oh yes - another thing I have been up to. I have been "brewing" this Kombucha Tea. You can go to google and type in kombucha to learn about it's many health benefits. You can also go to the Kombuchaamerica.com website to read many testimonials on this beverage - and learn more about it. I have been drinking it for a short time and have noticed a huge increase in energy levels. I love it. Abigail loves it. Emma and Jonathan are still not too sure about it. I am confident that before long, I will have both of them drinking it down. :) It has a Apple Cider flavor with a natural fizz. It taste good and it's so easy to make! Before long I will have many "SCOBY'S" to share! Right now, I have a whole gallon brewing and I can't wait until it's done. My sister-in-law was over this evening, and after tasting the tea is one out of 3 that is waiting for a SCOBY. :)

No comments: