Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Big Helper


Emma was excited to come home from school this afternoon, to find out some of our seeds have sprouted! Since we all slept in this morning, we only had enough time to rush around and head out the door to take Emma to school. After dropping her off, I came home - checked on our progress and was happy to see 1 Zinnia and 2 marigolds! I knew Emma would be excited! She didn't disappoint me either. :) Just a few hours later, we have about 4 more marigolds and 3 more zinnia's plus a broccoli! Amazing how these little sprouts are growing right before our eyes. If you look in the 2nd picture, in the upper right hand corner you can see a marigold sprout. This morning you could BARELY see it sprouting from the dirt and now the leaves are up already! I LOVE this time of year.. when I plant my seeds and watch them grow. This year will be even more exciting since my girls are older and can share in this excitement. As you can see from the picture, Emma is already tending her little garden. :)

P.S. Yes, my kids do dress themselves. *grin

No comments: