Monday, March 19, 2007

Ridin' Cowgirls





Emma and Abbi love riding their horses. Emma has long named hers "Sara" and the brown one Abbi always rides she had named "Colby" - which just so happens to be her 2 best friends at school. *smile The other day Emma was telling me she "needs" cowgirl boots to go with her "horsey". I told her once I find some at a good price (was thinking more along the line of garage sales) I would get her a pair. This Saturday Jonathan, the girls and I ventured over to wal-mart. I stumbled across these cute boots for only 3.00. (clearance)Both girls were very excited about our find. In the pictures above, they are out in my "unfinished" sun room, (since last yr. - WILL be finished this year :p) horseback riding with their new boots. :) TOO sweet! :)



On a seperate note the girls and I finally planted our seeds! We are late this year! Usually the seedlings are already nice and big by now. We planted large marigolds, deep yellow and deep purple zinnia's, light purple impatients, peppers, tomato's, parsely, orgeano, rosemary, thyme, Echinacea and a host of other seeds - that I have no idea where we will plant! I just love growing them. :) I may end up giving some away of freecycle.org. The girls were so excited about planting. The best part for them was playing in the dirt, which ended up ALL over my kitchen floor. After filling the trays for me they started running around the kitchen and giggling like little girlies should and tracked dirt all over the floor. It was so much fun watching them I didn't even mind the mess, considering I stayed up until 11:30 the night before cleaning my kitchen and mopping the floor. Unfortunatly I couldn't find my camera while they were helping me so I couldn't take pictures. I finally found it this morning and was only able to take pictures of what looks like, for now, dirt! But, there are tiny little seeds, planted by tiny little hands that will sprout tiny green life in just a few days. :) We can't wait. We will now be checking for signs of life every day. Emma is already excitedly talking about planting the flowers in our flower garden and veggie garden. The vine in the upper left hand corner (the picture above) is a green bean vine that Emma had planted at school about 6 weeks ago. It started from a seed she planted and it is doing well. We are hoping to keep it alive so we can plant it out in the garden come Spring. I have many plans for the yard this year. BUT, we will see if I manage to get it all done. There are a few extra beds I would like to make, not to mention the small pond we started to dig last Summer and was unable to finish. Hopefully that will be our first project to complete once the ground thaws and the weather is nice and warm! As for now, it is cold and rainy. :-\


No comments: