Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wonders of Garlic!

I am happy to announce that Abbi is over her latest sickness. This year has been something terrible. 90% of the people I keep contact with are sick or were sick! Jonathan isn't feeling the greatest right now. He and I both seem to have an ear infection, something Abbi had as well when she was sick. Jonathan went to the Doc. Saturday and he is now on antibiotics. I on the other hand refuse to do so. Last night, my ear was hurting so bad I was almost is tears. I went a grabbed a garlic clove, cleaned it and stuffed it in my ear. (not real deep; just enough so it doesn't fall out:)) My girls thought it to be quite hilarious. I must say I did look pretty funny. *grin I also crushed another garlic and down the hatch with water it went. Within 15 minutes I was up and about sweeping my livingroom & familyroom floors. Within an hour the pain was almost completely gone. This afternoon it started hurting again, so I swallowed a couple teaspoons of crushed garlic and it amazes me how quickly this God given herb gets to work. I learned about it's wonderful properties at www.bulkherbstore.com under the "garlic" section. I have now made a believer out of Jonathan; he is sitting here with a garlic clove sticking out his ear- hehe - since the antibiotics he is on right now if not giving him too much relief after taking them for 4 days. I also stuffed 3 capsules with the fresh garlic for him, since he won't take garlic any other way. :)

Well, Abbi is sitting here "mmmoooommiieee... mooommmiieee.... mommiiieee!!!!" needing my attention so I must go. :)

2 comments:

Doina said...

I would have loved to seen you two with the garlic cloves sticking out of your ears! HAHAHA...Took any pictures by any chance?...Glad to hear you're all better. Have a wonderful Christmas. I'll call ya next year.

Baumgartner News said...

LOL - I must say it was a funny site and I WISHED I would have taken pictures - of Jonathan anyways! haha. :) It works though.. praise God we are over our ear infections with NO antibiotics ... except for the natural one. :)