Sunday, December 17, 2006

Abbi's Dilemma

Well, today is Sunday - this afternoon at 3:30 we were supposed to celebrate Abbi's 2 yr. birthday. Jonathan and I had to call everyone this morning to inform them that the party was off. Abbi awoke about 2:00 this morning and started to cry. Jonathan went in to check on her only to come back and tell me; "Abbi threw up .. what did she have for supper"? Being so tired, my mind was still in a fog I had to sit there a minute to let everything register and think.. "uummm.. I think she had sphagetti.. and umm.. apple sauce.. and chips.. milk.. oh my .. she ate alot. That must be it. I drug myself out of bed, thinking I would change her bed sheet.. all would be well and we will all go right back to bed. I turned the hall light on, walked in her room only to get hit by a strong smell of puke. It was everywhere! A BIG puddle in her bed.. on her blankets, puppy, snuggle bug, her pajamas.. her hair.. the floor. My first thought was.. "Lord help me". I used to have a pretty strong stomach, until I had kids. I got real sick with both of them in the beginning of my pregancies, so it seems as though my gag reflex kicks in quite easy these days. I had Jonathan bring her to the bathroom as I started running the bath water, and then gagged over the toilet as I undressed her. After getting her bathed, dried and into fresh clean cloths - I brought her into our bed.. only to have her puke again. Thankfully most of it was on her cloths. It was now 2:30 in the morning and I didn't feel like jumping in the shower myself. I once again changed her cloths and laid a towel under us, where a bit of the mess managed to slide off her cloths and onto my bed. After all of that I laid down beside her thinking it was all over. Morning would soon come and all would be well. She kept throwing up throughout the morning -- we ended up going through about 3 bath towels .. we all slept in til about 10:00 - and Abbi was acting like she was just fine. So I thought perhaps it was her supper after-all, not setting right with her. After breakfast that came up too. Shortly afterward she started to run a lowgrade fever. She went down for a nap about 1:00 and slept for about 3 hours. After eating a couple of bites of food, I could tell her fever had gone up and I gave her some motrin. Shortly after that she fell asleep on Jonathan and they both dozed off on the couch for about an hour. Her fever has gone down and she seems to be perfectly fine. We have been praying for her and trusting God for her healing. She is now at the kitchen table, with Daddy and Emma playing with some homemade playdough that Emma and Daddy made about a week ago. They are making pancakes, cookies and pizza. :)

I can also tell she is ready to start "bossing" again. Her cousin Noah is in Columbus at the moment and as of this evening, she keeps asking me about his whereabouts.

Abbi: Where Noah at mommy?

Mommy: He is at Auntie Lisa's right now

Abbi: Wisas'? (Lisas')

Mommy: Yes.. at Aunt Lisas House

Abbi: Ohhhh... awight ... (alright)

And of course... 5 minutes later we go through the same conversation all over again. :)

No comments: