Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back to normal

I am now feeling back to normal but under the same token, busier than ever. We went on a 10 day vacation, and things have not been "normal" since. The same day we were coming back from vacation Emma came down with the flu. She threw up in the van on the way home and only a few days later, Abigail came down with the same thing. Her body didn't take the flu as well as Emma's did. After a few days of runny nose, coughing, fever, and Abbi clinging to me ..... we had to take Abigail to the ER where they told me her fever was 105.5! After catherizing her, poking her twice, doing a couple of x-rays and running a bunch of tests they told me she had RSV.. was dehydrated and to MAKE her drink. They put her on a IV which she hated. Everytime a nurse would come in the door, she would throw her lil' arms around me start crying and held on tight. I felt so bad for her. My poor husband was trying to comfort us both as we were both bawling. She didn't eat for 2 and 1/2 days and would barely drink. She wouldn't even take popsicles. What was I to do? I got to praying... the very next day she started eating AND drinking! Within 2 days she was back to normal and roaming about the house, singing her ABC's and "twinkle twinkle little star". :) BOTH girls are now doing much better. Emma is back at school now, after a 3 week absence. She is happy to be back at school and I am even HAPPIER to have both my girls back! Abigail has quickly become her little bossy self again. Her little cousin in staying with us for a while and she hears me tell him "no" alot so she has taken it upon her self to boss him around.. she she goes around saying...

Abigail: TOOPPP (stop) Noahh... TOOOPPP...

Noah: NO! I'm not gonna stop!

Agigail: TOOPPP

Noah: No! I'm not gonna stop ...

and back and forth they argue until I can't take it anymore and ask them BOTH to STOP! :)

My BABY will be 2 years old in 6 hours and 8 minutes. I think I am going to just go to bed and cry myself to sleep. I can't believe my baby is 2! *sniff* We will be celebrating her birthday this coming weekend.

As usual I have lots to write but not enough time. I think I will just go cry.. because my BABY is TWO... yeah..I know..I've got issue's!

Until next time... God Bless!

2 comments:

New Mommy said...

So glad to hear that Abbi is better! You are so hilarious with your "issues" about your baby being two! LOL

God bless y'all!

Baumgartner News said...

Haha - I cried! I can't believe she is 2. It wasn't so hard on me when Emma turned 2, but I think that is because Abbi was just 4 months old.. I had a baby:)