Friday, December 01, 2006

We're home!

Well.. Jonathan and I, and the girls of course :) made it home Tues. night. We had a wonderful time down South and am already looking forward to going back down again. I am hoping it won't be another full year. I managed to unpack and do laudry all the very next day. Usually it would take me about a week. eekk. It was such a good feeling to get everything tucked away so quickly. Since we arrived home at 10:00 at night Emma and Abbi went straight to bed not even realizing we were home. When Emma awoke the next morning she started running around the house singing "we're home" - a song she made up. :) She was so good while we were on vacation, I didn't even think she missed home. But - apparently she did and was happy to be home. The only thing - or rather person I should say, that she missed was her Auntie Lisa. Daily, she would say.. "Mommie.. I miss Wisa" (Lisa) :) Lord willing, Emma will get to see her Aunt Lisa this coming weekend.

Ever since we arrived home, the weather has been rather mild. Quite unusual. I expected to come home to snow on the ground and freezing cold weather, as usual. But, this year it was different. It's been in the 50's and 60's - until today. We had rain all night last night, and the temperature has changed dramatically. We awoke this morning, to find the creek overflowed into our back yard. Emma was excited to see it. I said.. "Emma - look out the window".. With her sweet eyes all big.. she goes "wow.. mommie - that's neat.. we need a boat!! haha I took a picture this afternoon, and will be posting it in the next blog. We are supposed to get up to 1 inch of snow, but so far, it keep snowing off and on with nothing sticking. It has been extremely windy - and part of our gutter on the back of the house fell down. Well - I must ski-daddle for now. I haev alot of accomplish while the girls are napping. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the picture of the flooded creek! Sounds pretty scary, but thankfully it stopped raining! I miss everyone so!