Thursday, June 14, 2007

American Gold Finch

Emma telling the bird it has a "sweet little tail"!


Emma talking silly to the birdie :)



This morning, I awoke about 7:30 and Princess Emma soon followed. I was on the computer checking up on a few things and Emma came and laid down on the couch. Soon afterward we heard a loud thud and Emma said "Mommy! That was a bird"! - which of course I was very familiar with the sound as this was not the first time this has happened. A Female American Gold Finch ran in to our window. I quickly got up and looked out the window and there it sat ... I was hoping stunned and not dead. I quickly went outside to inspect and Emma rushed to the window and asked "mommy .. is it dead"? I was happy to report that is wasn't! I picked it up and told Emma to hurry and get dressed so she can come outside and hold the little birdie before it comes back to it's senses. :) So she did.. and had a blast doing so. It was so sweet as she was petting and talking to the bird telling it that she will be alright. She was also telling the birdie " you have a sweet little tail"! :)


Abbi awoke about 10 minutes later and I told her to come outside if she wants to hold a bird. She quickly made her way out and as I took the bird from Emma and started to hand it over to Abbi it flew away. Abbi was very disappointed and I felt so bad as she was very excited about holding the bird. I told her.. maybe next time. She seemed content with the possibility of holding one "next time".



No comments: