Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Enjoying Summer




Today was another absolute GORGEOUS day! The girls and I have spent most of the day outdoors. They have had so much fun riding their bikes, running through the sprinkler, chasing butterflies, birds and in the evening - Emma loves to catch the "Lightening Bugs". Abigail is still not too sure about holding the bugs. :) She shivers at the sight of one! Especially the Spiders. Yet - she LOVES the song "itsy bitsy spider". About 5 nights ago she slept in bed with Jonathan and I. They had already snuggled in bed and started conversation before I made it to bed. I am not sure how it all got started but when I tuned into their conversation they were talking about Spiders. Daddy was telling her that Spiders have 8 eyes and she said daddy has eye's like a "pider". She says... 1, 2, 3! Counting the eyes on daddy's face. Daddy said "WHAT?!?! No way! I have only 2 eyes!" Which of course Abbi had to argue all the while giggling so cutely. Needless to say, Daddy got tired and started to snore away while Mommy had to hear ALL about the Spiders. The more she talked about them, the bigger her eyes got and the more scared she was getting. I finally had to sush her up and make her go to sleep.


This evening as the girls were busy playing on the swing set, Jonathan and I were standing near the creek chatting about the days events and enjoying the cool breeze along with the beautiful song of the many birds. As we were talking, all of a sudden Jonathan says "Look! A Duck"! I look over, notice the duck and then we both notice about 5 little ducklings swimming close behind. It was the sweetest little moment and I was happy to have my camera with me! Of course, it is a new camera we had purchased today! I love it and have been snapping pictures like crazy - so I will be posting many pictures in the near future. :) The beautiful blue bird you see in the following 2 pictures is the "Indigo Bunting". Those are for my sis Monica! :) I must say - the MOST beautiful bird I have seen yet. I have many of them and I never get tired of seeing them. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bird watching has turned into "baby watching". The twins do so many cute things at this age..i can't hardly take my eyes off of them! In a few years I may be bird watching again. I do glance out the window every now and then and if I'm lucky, will see a bird or two.:-) Those are beautiful pics and I'll be looking forward to seeing more! I can just see Abbi's eyes getting bigger and bigger...haha!

Baumgartner News said...

haha ... I know what you mean! I have been like that for the past few years.. now that both Emma and Abbi are older and LOVE to bird watch, it makes it easier for me as well. :)

I wished so bad I could SEE and HOLD the twins!