Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Soaking/Sprouting Whole Grains

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I have last blogged. My only excuse is "Nourishing Traditions" a book by Sally Fallon; one I find of GREAT value! I purchased this book about a week ago and I can't hardly put it down, thus not finding the time to blog. :D In this book she stresses the importance of soaking and sprouting your grains, plus so much more! It's a book over 600 pgs. so I could never cover everything she talks about. There are also some very delicious sounding recipes. (I can't say they are delicious as I have not yet tried any) I have been too busy feeding on the different health topics she covers. There is a very sensible reasoning behind the importance of soaking your grains. If you would like to learn more I believe you will find the following links very helpful and self-explanatory.

This first link is about soaking your grain. I will keep my recipe, as I have great success with it, but I will surely start to implement the "soaking" method.

http://www.suegregg.com/about/Two%20Stage%20Process.pdf

The 2nd link is about "sprouting" your grains. This is good when making cookies and such, as soaking would not be feasible.

http://www.suegregg.com/about/Sprouted%20Breads.pdf

Right now, I must stop typing and get off the computer as the girls I babysit will be arriving in a few. :)

No comments: