Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Potty Training Abbi





Abigail awoke thing morning, with a sweet tooth. After getting up she went straight for the raw honey sitting on the counter. My camera was right next to her and I couldn't help myself but snap these pictures. :)

Eating raw honey isn't the only thing this little princess has been up to. She is in the process of Potty training and Potty training OH SO WELL!! I am SOOOO proud of her!! *HUGE grin* After coming in the bathroom Monday night, holding herself and telling me she has to go potty and actually going potty when I set her on the potty I finally decided I needed to start potty training her and no longer putting it off like I have been. That night, after Abbi went to bed I asked Jonathan to bring in the potty from the garage as I planned on starting the potty training process the next morning. So when she awoke, I asked her if she had to go potty. She said "Yes - in that one!" pointing to her new potty. I set her on the potty, which she did not go but she did sit for several minutes. I believe she already went in her diaper upon waking up. (she was awake in her bed a while before I went to get her). Afterward I put her in "big girl" panties and would frequently remind her to go to the potty. She did GREAT for day one..with ONLY 2 accidents! Both times she wet, she would tell me "Mommy... potty!" But it was too late. :) No matter I thought.. it is only day 1. I was SO proud of her! Today was day 2 and she had ONE accident - which was first thing this morning. I believe she just needed to be reminded that she is now going "teetee" in the potty and no longer has a diaper on. That was her one and only accident today. She took herself potty faithfully all day. Wait - did I say I was potty training Abbi? Sorry - Abbi potty trained herself! AMAZINGLY easy - when THEY are ready! *BIG SMILE - PROUD MOMMY - PAT ON ABBI'S BACK*

No comments: