Thursday, August 17, 2006

Evening Drive

Well - here I am again. I haven't written in my blog for the last couple of days - not too much has been going on. Today, was another beautiful day! The kids were out most of the day. I also babysat as usual. While Emma and the girls were playing out in the backyard, Abbi and I made Pumkin Muffins, a recipe from my sister Doina and they turned out delicious! All the kids had them for snack, and we had more after supper for dessert! I can't wait to try them with wheat flour. I am out of wheat. I hope to make it to the Coutry Store this weekend to buy more.

After supper this evening Jonathan had a brilliant idea! We all jumped in the van, and went out to one of our reservoirs. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! We took a wonderful country drive -- the weather was so nice and cool, the sun was setting behind us and there were cornfeilds on either side of us....just lovely.

When we got to the reservoir we walked about half a mile. The kids walked most of the way, but then both needed a "piggy back ride" before it was done. They were getting tired. They enjoyed seeing the seagulls, and the 1 duck. Suprisingly there wasn't more. As the sun was setting, the purple martins started to come out. It was beautiful! We sat down on a big rock and watch the fish jump up.. and the sun set. It was a beautiful relaxing evening. We hope to do it again sometime real soon.

No comments: