Monday, August 14, 2006

Blackberry Thief

Today, I was sitting at my computer, (laptop) at the kitchen table. The weather was nice so I had all my windows and doors open. My two little girls were playing (having a picnic) out the side door on the stair step. My next door neighbor comes over, stands in the door and calls my name. When I looked up, to my delight he was holding a bowl full of blackberries - and to my embarrassment, lil' Abigail was out there playing with no diaper on- no panties... no.. nothing. I was immediately embarrassed. So I walked over, graciously accepted the black berries and was sure to quickly explain why Abigail was naked. "I am in the process of potty training this one" I said. "Oh, Oh, - o.k." was all he could seem to say. I wonder... what kind of impression did that leave? Only time will tell - I guess I have to wait until next summer when blackberry season comes along.

I took the blackberries inside, quickly searched the internet for a blackberry recipe. With alittle bit of luck, I ran across a delicious recipe at: http://www.allrecipes.com . I measured out enough berries for the Blackberry Cobbler, washed them and set them aside. I turned around for no more than ONE minute, and low and behold.... this is who I found in the blackberries....



So, needless to say, I had to remeasure and wash.. ect. :) Even with all the obsticales, I managed to get it done. It was delicious! Jonathan gave it a 5 out of 5 rating. :) We had warm cobbler over vanilla icecream. YUMMY! You can get the recipe here. Just a note: I cut back 1/4 cup of the sugar, and it was perfect! Not too tart, and not too sweet. When all was said and done, this is what it looked like:




On a seperate note: Abbi is now on day 3 of her potty training. I think she is starting to get the hang of things. After many "accidents", this evening after wetting her panties, she immediately took them off and went and sat herself on the potty. :)So she is starting to realized what the potty is for. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: