Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Emma is growing up!







My darling Emma has reached yet another milestone. She is now riding her bike without her lil' training wheels!! I am so happy for her.. yet at the same time so saddened. She is growing up. :-\

The other day I said.. "come on Emma.. mommy is going to teach you how to ride your bike without the training wheels. She was excited, but at the same time nervous. So I took her training wheels off and held on to her bike as she climbed on. She kept saying..

Emma: hold my bike mom... don't let go

mommy: I'm not letting go baby... just get on... I will hold you

Emma: o.k. mommy... just don't let go..

mommy: haha....I'm not!

...............and as she sped off, I couldn't hardly keep up with her..so I let go..... and... she kept going! Just like that.... she took right to it like a little duckling to water. The pictures above are taken just moments after I "taught" her. Haha... yeah right. That girl knew what she was doing from the get-go. She is so proud of herself. Now when we go for walks down the road I have to watch her cause she LOVES to speed. She feels so free without those training wheels.

This past weekend the girls were in Columbus with their Auntie Lisa. They had fun but I missed them SOOOOOOOOO much!!! I am was so happy to have my girls back! They were gone from 7:30 Friday night to about 9:00 Sunday night. It seemed more like a whole week and not just a weekend!! On Saturday, Jonathan and I went to our favorite Chinese Restaurant in Ottawa. I saved our "fortune" cookies for the girls since they love them so much. So Monday morning, Abbi was quick to spot the cookies in my purse. She asked me if she can have one and of course.. I said yes. So after I opened the little package for her she took the "fortune" out and handed it to me. Of course, I do not believe in them but they are always interesting to read. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read Abbi's as it fit her so perfectly.

mommy: hey Abbi, listen to this... "your ability to find the silly in serious will get you far"

(She is the silliest, most giggliest lil gal I have ever met. It fit her PERFECT)

So after reading that out loud to her she goes..

Abbi: get me far???

mommy: ummhmmmm

Abbi: awww....but I want to stay home!!

On another note, this section is called:

"Blind Leading the Blind"

Emma's cousin Noah, age 4 has been spending alot of time with us. They have all been having so much fun together. The other day as they were eating lunch and I was doing dishes, I observed Emma and Noah's conversation that went like this: (Emma LOVES quizzing people.. it drives Abbi nuts when she does it to her)

Emma: hey Noah... what makes milk??

Noah: ummmm... my mom!!

Emma: nnnoooo..... umm..it's an animal that lives on the farm

Noah: ummm... a cow!!

Emma: yep... very good Noah!

Emma: o.k. .... what makes eggs?

Noah: a bird!!

Emma: umm.. nooo.... it goes cock-a-doodle-doooo.....

mommy: LOL... that is a rooster you silly goose... it's the chicken that lays the eggs...

Emma: ohh yeah...... haha

Noah: o.k.... what starts with luh, luh, luh (making the "L" sound) and has fifteen legs???

Emma: uummm...... I don't know

(he had me stumped on this one as well)

Noah: a turtle!!!!

Emma: nnnooo.. that is tuh, tuh, tuh, for T!! and it has 4 legs!!

LOL..... talk about "blind leading the blind"...it was too funny..and too cute! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's funny.

I love to listen to my kids talk because I always get such a kick out of their conversations.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came across your blog on Monicas blog. I Love the blind leading the blind that is so funny.

I can remeber when i started riding a 2 wheel bike! So fun but now its been forever since i've been on one haha

Baumgartner News said...

Hi bekdcan! So nice to meet you!

Yep..Monica is my sis... (just incase you have not figured that one out already)=)

Yes - kids are so funny...I am always listening in on my girls conversations... they always make me smile. Just this morning on the way home from a friends house the girls were telling me something, both trying to talk at once and finally Emma looks at Abbi and said: "Abbi... shhhh! I am talking now. One at a time please!!"

I couldn't help but laugh..because that is exactly what I tell them! They are becoming thier mom already..pretty scary... haha