Saturday, September 15, 2007

They really do listen

Kids are always listening... even when you think they are not. Emma is getting especially good at this. A couple nights ago Jonathan and I were sitting at the kitchen table and I ran my plans for the next day by him. I was telling him that I was going to get up, get around.. go into town, shop at "Nanna's Place", a children's consignment shop, and hope to hit a few garage sales on the way. By 1:00 I planned on being at Jonathan's work to pick him up and spend lunchtime with him. The girls were no where in site.. but I soon found out that does not keep Emma from hearing every word we are saying. The next morning as we were eating breakfast she starts to tell daddy:

Emma: Daddy.... after breakfast we are going to get dressed, go garage saleing and then come pick you up and then we will eat lunch together!

That same morning, after buckling the girls up in their seat belts, I hopped in the van. Before putting the van in drive and pulling off I whispered a quick prayer ... "Lord Jesus, please watch over us and keep us safe.." and I started to pull out... I hear Emma whisper "Amen". I couldn't help but smile and once again think... "they really do listen"!

I have had a "weather alert" on my desktop (compliments of the weather bug) for quite some time today. It's been screeching for several hours. I finally decided to check and see what could possibly be coming our way? After all we had a cool but GORGEOUS day today. We are under a FROST advisory! Is this crazy?!?! Or is this CRAZY?!?!?! YES - this is CRAZY!!! I am not ready for this. My only prayer is that we do not have an early Winter.

Today, down at the Civic Center they had this "Kids Fest" going on. Jonathan and I thought it was a beautiful day to get out and about. I mentioned it to the girls and they were both excited and wanted to go. After all, it was only 1.00 per person to enter. WHAT A JOKE. Everybody and thier brother, and half sister and aunts and uncles and cousins.. you name it.. and they were there. They had those big infaltable jumpy things that kids just love in jump in and after standing in line for 45 solid minutes, Emma decides she doesn't want to go in. Afterall it was a huge fish with huge lips. It really did look like the kiddies were being swallowed. So we went back inside, grabbed them a free balloon and came home. Since all the kids were at the "Kid's Fest", we should have taken to girls to the park. They would of had a blast having the whole park to themselves and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! And when they get older...you won't be able to spell words anymore. We used to could get away with spelling things out, but now Zach will say...i know what that spells....so no more.

Baumgartner News said...

haha - yeah.. I know what you mean! Jonathan and I sometimes speak pig-latin, but Emma is starting to catch on to that too. She will pick up certain words and know exactly what we are talking about. Now I am getting around to spelling things out.