Friday, September 07, 2007

Mommy - I want Snow!



The girls really have the itch for snow lately. They talk about it on a daily basis. As for me? I have mixed feelings about it. Winter is nice, until after the Holidays. Than I am ready for the cold to go away and Spring to arrive.

The other day, I was sitting in a chair reading the latest "No Greater Joy" newsletter as the girls were bustling about in their bedrooms. After a while they came out and said "mommy - we are playing in the snow" as they were leaping and jumping about. I looked up to see them dressed with their sweaters, jackets and since they couldn't seem to find a hat, they decided their panties were just as good! I couldn't help but LAUGH and I just had to run and get my camera. This truly is a Kodak moment. :)

The girls are such a blessing. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for my beautiful, healthy, well behaved sweet princess's. Friday morning as I was reading my bible, I paused for a moment as thoughts of my girls started to run through my head. I was being so thankful for how good they are and for the wisdom God has given me to "train" my children. My own thoughts were confirmed later that morning when I was grocery shopping. I was in the checkout lane, paying for all my groceries and apparently this young lady was observing us. Just as I was leaving she came to me and said "You take such good care of your girls.. I can tell. And they are so cute too!" - that just made my day.. a complete stranger could see this. It made me even MORE thankful. :)

3 comments:

New Mommy said...

Isn't it awesome when people notice well-trained children? I guess they see so much of the opposite, the sweet ones really stand out!

I LOVE the panties! That is so funny!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! The pics are too CUTE! It is a wonderful feeling when ppl compliment our kids! You can be having the worse day and then all of a sudden, it's the best day.:-) I hope we can come and share in the fun of playing in the snow SOON! The kids would have too much fun for sure!

Baumgartner News said...

Yes - it is truly a wonderful thing! :)

Moni - I CAN'T WAIT for y'all to come up and see me sometime!! The kids would have so much fun indeed! :)