Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet Abigail

This morning, shortly after we all awoke, Abbi asked me to play the memory game with her. Since I was busy making breakfast and then knew I had to get Emma ready for school I said "Mommy can't play with you right now, but after we take Emma to school and we get home, I will play the memory game with you".

So this morning right after dropping Emma off, Abbi having the great memory that she does, we had a conversation in the van that went like this:

Abbi: Now we go home and play the memory game!

Mommy: yes ... we sure do

Abbi: I go first!

Mommy: O.K., that is fine, you may go first.

Abbi: [after thinking it over a while] mommy... you can go first.

Mommy: really? I can go first?

Abbi: Yes.. you can go first!! (excitement in her voice because she thinks she just made my day by letting me go first *smile)

Mommy: awww.. you are so sweet! Thank you for letting me go first. That is so nice of you!!

Abbi: [smiling] yyeaahhh. [moment of silence] mommy...

mommy: yes?

Abbi: when I get big... I'm going to hold you.. o.k.?

mommy: awww... [couldn't keep from laughing]

Abbi: I'm going to tell daddy that I'm getting big!

TOO sweet! :)

We did get home and we did play the memory game. It's pretty sad when your two year old gives you matches she has already found, because she feels sorry for you as you have no matches in your pile yet. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very sweet! I love this post. Children truly are gifts from God....they just light up your life don't they? I don't know what I would do without mine! That little Abbi says the cutest things...haha.

Baumgartner News said...

Yes, they are truly a gift from God! SO PRECIOUS! This morning, Emma, Abbi and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking and I am not sure how the subject came up but I asked them, "do you know that Buna (that is what they call mom) is my mommy?" Abbi said "your mommy"? I said.. yeap... "she is my mommy". Right away she gives me this sympathetic look, reaches over and puts her hand on mine and says "don't worry.. you will get to see her". IT WAS SO SWEET! She immediately connected the fact that she lives far away, so I do not get to see her. It was SO SWEET!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE!